Conveniently located at 120 E Anton Ave - Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815
Addressing the Opioid Crisis
What we are doing at KRCC - and how you can help!
In 2020, 91,799 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States.
That is an average of 251 overdose deaths per day.
Approximately 68,849 - or - 75% of those overdoses involved an opioid. The age-adjusted rate of overdose deaths increased by 31% from 2019 (21.6 per 100,000) to 2020 (28.3 per 100,000).
*Prescription opioids were involved in nearly 24% of all opioid overdose deaths in 2020,
a 16% increase in prescription opioid-involved deaths from 2019 to 2020.
In 2021, 353 Idaho residents died from a drug overdose.
From 2010 to 2022, more than 2,900 Idahoans have died from an overdose.
Taking action to address the opioid crisis in our community
At KRCC, we are committed to initiatives that help reduce the impact of opioid
and other substance misuse in our community. We address the opioid crisis by:
1) Providing supported access to treatment and recovery support services
2) Collaborating with community partners to provide education and resources
3) Providing hope that treatment works, recovery happens - and we are worth it
4) Acting as a point of distribution in our community for practical tools in the fight against opioid use disorder and accidental drug overdose.
Steps that you can take to reduce the impact of opioid and other substance misuse in our community:
1) Learn more on best practices in preventing and treating substance use disorder.
2) Secure your medications in a lockbox to reduce the chances of theft, loss and misuse.
3) Properly dispose of unused medications to reduce the chances of theft, loss and misuse.
4) Learn the signs of accidental opiate overdose and have Narcan (naloxone) on hand.
These items are available for free (while supplies last) at: KRCC 120 E Anton Ave - Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
**CLICK ON THE PICTURE (ABOVE) TO REQUEST SUPPLIES**